MGL Stratomaster ULTRA HXL
- The ULTRA "HXL" is universal. It can be configured for any type of engine, like 2-stroke Rotax 447, 503, 582, 614, Hirth, 2SI etc..
It supports as well 4-stroke Rotax 912/914, and larger 4-stroke engines as Hirth, Jabiru, Lycoming and Continental.
It can also be used for converted automobile engines, air or liquid cooled.
- Engine monitoring is entirely programmable.
- The Ultra Horizon XL is a fully user configurable panel that can be used as primary flight instrumentation display, engine monitor or both.
- The Ultra provides two display pages, each page can be configured by the user, choosing from a selection of more than 50 instruments and display items.
- Each item on the screen may be placed where the user wants it and most instruments provide several different display options. For example you can choose between analog altimeter and a tape based altimeter amongst other choices.
- Customization can be done on the instrument itself, or with a free simulator program on PC.
- Download the maual: Ultra_HXL_EN.pdf
- Download simulator and latest firmware: UltraHXLSetup.exe Updated 26 june 07
- Ref: MG_Ultra_HXL
MGL Stratomaster ULTRA Functions
- Quick description of the basic system functions. Download the manual for detailed information on all functions.
- Dimensions: 212x141 mm. Depth 70mm (120mm including connectors & cables. Panel cutting 192x121 mm.
Download template: Ultra_HXL_Dim.jpg
- Weight 750g plus RDAC_VD 175g or RDAC_X 290g.
- Altitude to 40 000 ft (12 195 m) calibrated, 1ft dynamic resolution./font>
- Airspeed ASI analog and digital, TAS digital. Scale 16 to 200 mph.
- Vertical speed. Scale 40 m/S 9999 ft/min.
- Analog VSI. Scale 10m/S 2000 ft/min. Logarithmic display.
- Glide and climb ratio to 1/99.
- Measuring take-off run to 50 ft (15.24 m) above ground level.
- Density altitude.
- Air distance made good.
- Fuel flow display (with optional flow sender).
- Ambiant temperature.
- Hobbs meter, presetable to current engine time.
- Maintenance timer.
- Automatic flight detection.
- Flight Timer.
- Time of day.
- Flight log storing up to 200 entries.
- Instructor modes.
- Metric, imperial or U.S.
- Air talk link for connection to
- PC’s and Laptops using optional cable
- Stratomaster Ultra secondary instrument
- Key ring flight log download device
- Compass and AHRS sensor packages
- Artificial horizon (requires SP-4)
- Slip indicator (requires SP-4)
- Rate of turn indicator (requires SP-4)
- Compass (requires SP-2)
- Warnings for engine temperature, speed high, speed low, maximum altitude, low fuel level, etc
- Alarm output to switch a warning lamp
- Audio alarm output to drive a panel speaker or low level output for alarm tone injection into a suitably equipped headset or intercom system
MGL Stratomaster RDAC
RDAC = Remote Data Aquisition Computer)
Some MGL Avionics instruments (E2, Extreme, ULTRA, ENIGMA) use a remote data acquisition module for engine data acquisition.
This architecture makes the installation easy, since there is no need to extend sender cablezs all the way to the cockpit.
The RDAC is installed close to the engine, and connects to the display system with a shielded two wires cable.
There are four versions of RDAC:
RDAC V_D 4 CHT/EGT channels, no manifold pressure sender
RDAC X_B 12 CHT/EGT channels, no manifold pressure sender
RDAC X_D 12 CHT/EGT channels, with manifold pressure sender
RDAC X_E 12 CHT/EGT channels, with manifold pressure sender, OEM version with ASCII output
Download the installation manual RDAC_V : Install manual RDAC_V (.PDF)
Download the installation manual RDAC_X : Install manual RDAC_X (.PDF)
You wish to integrate a RDAC to your aplication? Download the RDAC_X OEM protocol manual: RDACX_OEM.pdf
The RDAC is supplied with a 3 meters cable.
Four or twelve channel thermocouple amplifier, high resolution chopper stabilized system with full cold junction compensation and bow voltage correction to laboratory standards.
The thermocouple inputs can accept K-type or J-type thermocouples.
Oil and Water temperature NTC input compatible with most oil temperature senders and the MGL water temperature sender.
Also accepts MGL precision semiconductor senders for water and oil temperature.
optional LM335 sensor based temperature sender to indicate ice warning. The sender is normally fitted to the outside of a carburetor, in close proximity to the throttle slider or valve or in the intake airflow.
Oil pressure sender input. 50 to 1000 ohms. Accepts most commercial oil pressure senders including those from VDO. Rotax uses a 200 ohm sender
TWO Fuel level sender input with extensive calibration functions provided to allow direct readout of fuel quantity corrected for tank shape and sender tolerances.
Fuel flow sender input. Can be used with most commercial liquid flow senders. Flow measurement without sender on injection systems by measurement of injcetor opening time (i.e. Hirth engines).
Universal rev counter input. Can be used on a wide variety of engines using a variety of interface methods.
Ref: MG_RDACV_D 4 CHT/EGT channels, no manifold pressure sender
Ref: MG_RDACX_B 12 CHT/EGT channels, no manifold pressure sender
Ref: MG_RDACX_D 12 CHT/EGT channels, with manifold pressure sender
Ref: MG_RDACX_E OEM 12 CHT/EGT channels, with manifold pressure sender, ASCII output
Ask for a Catalog/Price list
MGL Stratomaster ULTRA Vue Arrière
- Cannon D-9 connector. This connector is used for power and ambient temperature probe. Although other signals are available on this connector, they are not normally used.
- Audio alarm output. Suitable for connection of a speaker or feed to an intercom system.
- Audio level link. Close the link to reduce audio output level by a factor of 20.
- Two airtalk local area network connectors. Connection for SP-x sensor packages, airtalk to PC cables, flight log download devices, interconnect between panels etc.
- Terminal block for RDAC connection (engine monitor).
- Terminal block for rotor speed sensor connection (rotor craft only).
- Static port for altimeter and vertical speed indicator.
- Pressure port for airspeed indicator (pitot tube port).